- 2 pounds thinly sliced beef (rib eye or top sirloin)*
- 3 scallions cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 TBS. soy sauce
- 3 TBS. water
- 2 TBS. sugar
- 2 TBS. honey
- 2 TBS. rice wine (or mirin)
- 2 TBS. garlic
- 2 TBS. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 3 TBS. grated Asian pear (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. If using packaged pre-sliced meat, separate the slices. Add the meat and vegetables to the marinade and toss gently to combine everything well. Marinate the meat for about an hour.
Grill on a charcoal or gas grill or pan fry in a skillet over high heat until slightly caramelized. Preheat and lightly oil with sesame oil before adding the meat. If pan frying, do not crowd the skillet.